Collecting Personal Information
When you visit the Site, we collect certain information about your device, your interaction with the Site, and information necessary to process your purchases. We may also collect additional information if you contact us for customer support. In this Privacy Notice, we refer to any information that can uniquely identify an individual (including the information below) as “Personal Information”. See the list below for more information about what Personal Information we collect and why.
- Examples of Personal Information collected:version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Purpose of collection:to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels.
- Disclosure for a business purpose:shared with our processors such as Vend and any further service providers who may require such information in the provision of services to you.
- Examples of Personal Information collected:name, billing address, shipping address email address, and phone number.
- Purpose of collection:to provide products or services to you to fulfil our contract, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection:collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose:shared with our processor Vend, Payfast, Mailchimp and other service providers assisting us in the provision of services or acts as our agent.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18 years old. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from minor children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address below to request deletion.
Sharing Personal Information
We will share your personal information:
- In order to comply with applicable law or with legal process served on us;
- In order to protect and defend the rights or property of our company; and
- With employees and/or third parties who assist to provide our services and fulfil our contracts with you and as set out herein. We will ensure that all such employees and third party service providers, having access to your personal information, are bound by privacy policies.
Communication Preferences / Opt Out
You may modify your communication preference and/or opt out from specific communications at any time. Please specify and adjust your preferences. You can opt out of targeted advertising by unsubscribing from our emails.
Using Personal Information
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfilment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
Your personal Information will be retained for statistical purposes and to improve your shopping experience. You may however contact us, in writing at the below mentioned email address, should you wish us to delete your personal information. Please note that your request for deletion may be subject to legislative requirement/s which prohibit us from doing so at the time of receipt of your request.
Selling Personal Information
We are the sole owners of information collected on this website and do not share or sell the information to third party other than set out herein.
You are aware that information and data is automatically collected through the standard operation of the Internet servers and through the use of “cookies.” Cookies are small text files a website can use to recognize repeat users, facilitate the user’s ongoing access to and use of the website and allow a website to track usage behaviour and compile aggregate data that will allow content improvements and targeted advertising.
- Treat your personal information as strictly confidential;
- Take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
- Promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
- Provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable request; and
ALTHOUGH WE TAKE THE AFOREMENTIONED PRECAUTIONS IN PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, WE SHALL HOWEVER NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, HOWSOEVER ARISING, SUFFERED AS A RESULT OF THE DISCLOSURE OF SUCH INFORMATION IF OUTSIDE OUR REASONABLE CONTROL.
Transborder Flow of Information
We may transfer your information outside South African borders for retention purposes and/or if our service provider/s are cross border or use cross border systems. If you opt to visit this website or use any application thereon, you expressly agree that we may transfer the information collected cross border for purposes as set out herein. We will only share your information with service providers who have comparable privacy policies in place.
You have the right at any time to:
- Rectify the Personal Information collected by us;
- Object to the processing of Personal Information (subject to legislation);
- Request the return or destruction of Personal Information (subject to legislation);
- Lodge a complaint with our offices should we have failed to comply with any provision contained herein.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to lodge a complaint, please contact us, in writing, via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org